Monday 18 March 2019

Creative Presence IMPORTANT

Website:

  • My name is displayed clearly at the top along with a short bio so people immediately know whose website they've clicked onto
  • the colour scheme is purple and fits alongside the work I've been making recently
  • the grid style of photo gallery looks similar to an Instagram layout and is immediately eye-catching
  • theres a mix of commission and personal work to show the range of my practice
  • the website features a few photos of me at events etc so that viewers can put a face to a name- it's important to me that people see me, the person behind my "brand"as this will make them more likely to connect with me and therefore my work




Instagram:


  • My grid shows a mixture of full bleed illustrations, photos of my work (usually anything more 3D such as wall hangings, collages, zines), and 'behind the scenes' style images of me
  • this shows off all elements of my brand, the work I make, who makes it and the process behind it
  • my posts are quite informal and chatty, I want my forward facing profile to have an accessible feel
  • I post a lot about causes that I believe in or am involved in, and my work often has a very honest, personal feel. I think that has really helped me in finding my audience online as it seems to attract likeminded people


Etsy:


  • My Etsy banner and icon match work that has been posted on my Instagram before and fits with the purple colour scheme from my website
  • It also includes hand drawn font which is a common theme on my Etsy and Instagram
  • my bio is the same as my website bio to give a sense of consistency throughout my social media platforms
  • It also features links to all my other social media platforms




Etsy mail out :

  • This flyer is printed in simple colours so it's cost effective to mail out for free with Etsy orders
  • it has a friendly, personal sounding message which is written in my own handwriting 
  • it also includes my instagram handle at the bottom to encourage people to interact with me on there and see more of my work
  • it also encourages people to leave reviews on my Etsy which will help my overall Etsy ratings as well as make my shop look more established
  • the image is a simple self portrait of me with elements of pale pink which matches the theme of my recent work






Business cards:


  • both the back and the front have the same blue, black and white colour scheme
  • the image was taken from one of my recent self portraits which was posted on my website and Instagram
  • it includes my email, website and instagram 
  • the information used is very limited so that people will focus on the social media links and branding
  • the image used is very indicative of other work that I've been making recently, is a mix of portraiture, with the feminist message on the t-shirt- which is also a reference to a T-shirt for sale on my Etsy




Introduction zine:

  • The zine is very low-fi as its the first one I've ever made, but is designed to look quite simple and 'hand-drawn'
  • the front and back images are similar to the one on my etsy mail out, linking my visual identity
  • the colour scheme is purple and pink which reflects a lot of the colours used in my recent work 
  • the contents of the zine is quite chatty and informal and includes a mix of imagery (which shows the kinds of things I like to draw) and text to describe information about me
  • one page talks about the kinds of projects and things I liked being part of, which will hopefully attract potential commissioners to me
  • it also includes my contact and social media information 













































Overall:

I am pleased with some of the promotional materials I have made this year, I think my branding is definitely stronger than it was last year. Having a consistent name across my website, Etsy, Instagram and email has really helped make 'Liv does drawings' sound more like a reputable brand. I think it's clear that honesty, feminism and positivity are integral to my practice through the informal and chatty bio's and text seen throughout my branding. It's really important to me that my work is down to earth and accessible to an audience of young women aged 17-25, and I think informal language plays a huge part in this. The soft colours used throughout also help give a hint as to what viewers can expect from my work. 

However I would now say that my business card design doesn't really fit in with the work I've ended up making. I made the business card design really early on in the module and used a colour scheme I don't often use so it has quickly ended up looking outdated and isn't that much of an accurate representation of what I make anymore. The business card aspect of this task is definitely something I've found the most challenging as it feels like a lot of pressure to pick one image that sums up your practice well, as well as being an image that fits well onto a tiny card.

No comments:

Post a Comment